I’m taking another day off and turning the blog over to a friend and neighbor (we live in the same state) Award Winning Author Kari Lee Townsend.
TROUBLE IN THE TAROT (book 3 of the Fortune Teller Mysteries – March 5, 2013)
Lately Sunny has been experiencing a period of big opportunity: her business in Divinity, New York, is thriving, and Detective Mitch Stone has finally agreed to take Sunny on a date. But thanks to her clairvoyant abilities, Sunny knows better than anyone that life deals out bad cards along with the good.
When Sunny agrees to read tarot cards at the annual summer Solstice Carnival, she meets her Granny Gert’s “arch nemesis” Fiona Atwater, and is overcome by a vision of Fiona in a violent argument. Sunny knows trouble is brewing when Granny and Fiona start having squabbles all over town. But the fighting comes to a head when a local baker gets run over by a big white Cadillac—and Granny and Fiona are found at the crime scene.
Sunny knows she should step aside and let Mitch handle the investigating, but she’s not about to ignore her visions and leave her granny’s life in fate’s hands…
Granny Gert’s Top 10 Cookies for Everything!
- 10 ~ Romance ~ Hershey Kiss Cookies are so romantic
- 9 ~ Broken Heart ~ Double Chocolate Chip for when the romance doesn’t work out
- 8 ~ Loss ~ Raison Oatmeal Cookies for the old-fashioned comfort of home
- 7 ~ Anxiety ~ Molasses Spice Cookies ooze relaxation and warm your heart
- 6 ~ Illness ~ Peanut Butter Cookies give you energy and protein to fix you right up
- 5 ~ Anger ~ Oreo Cookies are great for attacking the cream filling and releasing anger
- 4 ~ Jealousy ~ Pistachio Cookies are such a pretty green to turn your mood around
- 3 ~ Celebration ~ Frosted Sugar Cookies are a shiny, sparkly party in your mouth
- 2 ~ Guilt & Innocence ~ Half Moon Cookies tell both sides of the story
- 1 ~ Perfect Cookie for Any Occasion ~ Special K Bars!
I grew up on Special K Bars and proceeded to make them for my family and pass on the tradition. They were the first cookies I ever made. So easy, yet they look like they took a lot of time. I usually don’t share my cookie recipes, but since you all are just so darn nice, I decided to share the deliciousness J Enjoy!
Special K Bars
1 cup light Karol syrup
1 cup sugar
1 ½ cups peanut butter
6 cups Special K Cereal
1 bag Hershey’s Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Melt chocolate chips (double boiler style) on the stove. While chips are melting, bring 1 cup Karol syrup and 1 cup sugar just to a boil and then remove from heat. Stir in 1 ½ cups of peanut butter until melted. Stir in 6 cups Special K Cereal until mixed well. Press mixture into 9×13 inch pan. Pour melted chocolate chips over the top and refrigerate until hardened. Cut into bars and enjoy!
Kari Lee Townsend lives in central New York with her understanding husband, her three busy boys, and her oh-so-dramatic daughter She is the National Bestselling Author, Agatha & RT Reviewer’s Choice Award nominee for her Fortune Teller Mystery series. Kari also writes romance under the name Kari Lee Harmon. Small towns, mystical elements, quirky characters and a few chuckles along the way are what her books are all about. To find out more about Kari and all of her books, check out her websites at: www.karileetownsend.com & www.karileeharmon.com